Resources & Links
Learning Tools for Parents of Jasper School District Students
The Jasper School District is committed to providing parents and guardians of our students with accurate and up-to-date information on their children. The resources provided at this section of our Learning Tools site are intended to help you stay in touch with our schools, get information on your child's progress, and provide assets that will assist you in the education of your child. Use the links in the Menu Bar above to access our resources, or go directly to those sections by following the links below.
Help with Homework
- Helping Your Student Get the Most Out of Homework--This article from the National Parent Teachers Association points to research that indicates that children who spend more time on regularly assigned, meaningful homework, do better in school, and that the academic benefits of homework increase as children move into the upper grades.
- Helping Your Child become a Reader--As a parent, you can help your child want to learn in a way no one else can. That desire to learn is a key to your child's later success. This resource from the Florida Department of Education lists numerous activities that will help your child enjoy reading.
- Reading is Fundamental--Whether you're a parent, guardian, grandparent, or an older sibling, you can help a child learn to love reading! RIF is the nation's largest nonprofit children's literacy organization.
Resources For Child Safety
- Child Safety on the Net and Media Reviews
- The Teacher’s Guide To Keeping Students Safe Online
- Stay Safe Online
- Online Safety
Resources to Promote Reading and Literacy
Learning Tools for Encouraging Reading in the Home
- The tools and resources below are provided to assist parent's in preparing their children for reading success and for helping them to build reading confidence and skills.
- Notable Books from the American Library Association--Choose age-appropriate books reviewed by the ALA.
- Children's Literature Web Guide--A huge collection of links to author's web sites, lists of recommended and award-winning books, and resources for parents and teachers.
- TumbleBook Library--Tumble books are animated story books that allow readers to follow along a story as it is read aloud. This resource requires a username and log-in that your child's school can provide to you.
Resources to Promote Mathematics Success
The Math Forum--From Drexel University, this website has lessons, reference materials, and activities for students of all grade levels.
- S.O.S. MATHematics--A free resource for math review material from Algebra to Differential Equations. An excellent study site for high school, college students and adult learners.
APSRC has thoughtfully compiled a list of grants that may be of special interest to Arkansas teachers (see link below). They range from $100 classroom grants to $100,000 student scholarships! Many of these grants have deadline applications this fall, so interested teachers need to act quickly.