Application Process: To apply for a licensed position, applicants should have on-file a completed application form, a letter of application, copies of transcripts from all universities/colleges attended, and letters of reference (normally found in a placement file).
Interviews: Principals and site-based interview teams determine who will be interviewed for each vacancy. Candidates who are interviewed must pay their expenses to come to Jasper to interview.
Orientation: Newly-hired certified staff members receive an orientation prior to the beginning of the school year.
Click here to find your appropriate Salary Schedule.
Equal Opportunity Employer
In compliance with Title VI, Title IX, and section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, this is to certify that Jasper School District No, 1 does not deny opportunity for employment or access to any educational program on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, or handicap.
Non-discrimination Statement: The U.S Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)
If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at www.ascr.usda.gov, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email.
Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish).
USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
2020 - 2021 School Year LICENSED
Openings as of June 2020:
1. Kingston Campus -- K-12 Counselor All applications need to be submitted electronically to Principal Seth Villines
2. Oark Campus -- Oark K-12 Music Teacher All applications need to be submitted electronically to Principal Kenena Peflrey
Please visit our website at Jasper.k12.ar.us and follow the directions on submitting your application.
Please submit applications electronically as directed above at the end of the listing.
Subject line should contain only: [Application] YOUR NAME and the POSITION FOR WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING.
Note: The application is not complete until you have included the areas of certification as listed on your teacher's license.
Jasper School District Is an Equal Opportunity Employment Employer.
CLASSIFIED Openings as of June 2020:
- Bus Driver -- Oark campus.
Please send application to Brian Cossey
- Bus Driver -- Jasper campus.
Please send application to Jeff Cantrell
- Bus Driver -- Kingston campus. Please send application to Seth Villines
- Oark Campus - Custodian position. All applications need to be submitted electronically to Dr. Candra Brasel
- Jasper Campus -- Digital Learning Liaison: 185 day Non-Certified Contract
Help guide the vision/mission of the digital learning program, serve as a liaison between the school and students/families, promote JSD digital learning program, track student progress, and assist teachers, students and families with digital learning needs. All applications need to be submitted electronically to Dr. Candra Brasel .
Arkansas Department of Education Background Check Information
1. STEPS FOR STATE AND FEDERAL CRIMINAL RECORDS CHECK -- Click Here
2. LIVE SCAN LOCATIONS EDUCATION SERVICE COOPERATIVES -- Click Here
3. STEPS FOR THE CHILD MALTREATMENT CENTRAL REGISTRY CHECK -- Click Here
4. STEPS FOR STATE AND FEDERAL CRIMINAL RECORDS CHECK -- Click Here
5. IN-STATE APPLICANT FOR EMPLOYMENT, LICENSURE, or PRE-SERVICE TEACHER paying for your own state and federal criminal records check -- Click Here
6. OUT-OF-STATE APPLICANT FOR LICENSURE BY RECIPROCITY -- Click Here